As great as a Meal Bag is for busy days, it's also great for other occasions:
- cooking on vacation
- emergency situations (power outages, home evacuation, etc)
- unexpected dinner guests
- taking to a friend who is especially busy, just had a baby, recovering from surgery, sick, etc.
Chicken & Tomato Pasta
- 8 cups water
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breast, including broth
In a zip-top sandwich bag:
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a stock pot, bring water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is cooked to desired tenderness, drain and return to stock pot.
- While pasta is cooking, Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Toss chicken & tomato sauce with pasta until thoroughly coated.
- Serve warm. This pasta is great with crusty bread and a simple green salad.
- If you have shredded Parmesan cheese on hand, sprinkle some on top just prior to serving.