This post was originally shared on Or So She Says. These Chocolate Covered Caramel Stuffed Pretzels are a game changer! Simple to put together and highly addicting...the perfect treat!
I have a slight obsession with coating things in chocolate, so it only made sense to come up with today's treat...Chocolate Covered Caramel Stuffed Pretzels! The combination of sweet and salty and crunchy and chewy is my new favorite thing. These are dangerously addicting and hard to put down! They're also easy peasy to put together and can be made ahead of time. So basically, this is perfection. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Just put the chocolatey pretzels back on your parchment or silicone mat, decorate (or leave plain), and let harden. You can put them in the fridge to harden them more quickly, but the chocolate *may* bloom a little (that's the white stuff that you sometimes see on chocolate, which essentially means the fat or sugar has come out of emulsion). It's totally safe to eat, but if it's not the look you're going for, you'll be sad to see it on your beautiful treats. This doesn't always happen, but it can, so just be aware.
- 48 pretzels
- 24 Rolos, unwrapped
- about 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 oz white chocolate for drizzling
- small candies
- crushed pretzels
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 24 pretzels on a baking sheet. Place an unwrapped Rolo on each pretzel, and put in the oven for 1.5-2 minutes (or until chocolate is glossy and soft).
- Place a pretzel on top of each Rolo, and push down until chocolate is evenly spread between pretzels. Let chocolate harden, place in the fridge for 15 minutes if necessary.
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter on top of each pretzel sandwich.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave*.
- Dip each pretzel sandwich in the melted chocolate, and place on parchment or a silicone mat to cool. If decorating with sprinkles, add them before the chocolate hardens. If drizzling with white chocolate, let harden first.