Today I've teamed up with 49 other bloggers to bring you 50 easy weeknight meals! I tell my husband all the time that the hardest part of making dinner is figuring out what to make. If I can get organized enough to make a meal plan, I'm golden. If life happens and a meal plan doesn't, I spend more time staring into the fridge and scratching my head than I do actually making dinner. We are helping take the guesswork out of those busy weeknights! Scroll down after this recipe for quick & easy (and delish!) chicken fajitas to see some other fantastic ideas for easy meals!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chili powder
- chipotle chile pepper (powder)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp honey
- tortillas (freshly cooked, if possible. We buy the uncooked Tortilla Land tortillas from Costco)
- tomato wedges
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced into strips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in hot skillet and sprinkle liberally with sea salt, pepper, and chili powder. Sprinkle conservatively with the chipotle pepper powder and cumin. (If you like more chipotle spice in your chicken, add more!) My chicken ends up looking like this when I've sprinkled everything on.
- Once your chicken is starting to brown on the bottom, reduce heat to medium. When the chicken has a nice brown color, turn to finish cooking. Drizzle the honey and juice over the chicken. (If you drizzle these over the spices, the spices will run off the chicken and into the pan. I like to keep it on the chicken, so I wait until I've turned the chicken.)
- While your chicken is cooking, slice the onion and peppers and saute in a small amount of coconut oil.
- While the chicken and peppers & onions finish cooking, prepare your other toppings...shred the cheese, cut tomatoes, slice avocados, etc.
- When the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle, or an instant thermometer reads 165 degrees), remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice into strips.
- To serve, place chicken and toppings in a tortilla. Fold the sides up over toppings and enjoy!