- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (we like it with 2 jalapenos, but it will be spicier!)
- 6 cups chicken broth/stock (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups shredded Honey & Lime Chicken chicken
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup) cilantro, divided and rough chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded cheese
- sliced avocados
- sour cream
- crispy tortilla strips/crushed tortilla chips
- lime wedges
- sliced green onions
- In a stock pot or dutch oven, heat the avocado oil. Saute onions until fragrant and translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Add in remaining ingredients, except for half of the cilantro. Combine all ingredients, and heat until soup is at a simmer.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowls. Divide remaining chopped cilantro among the bowls (it retains its fresh green color because it's not cooked into the soup). Add desired toppings and garnishes and serve!